Friday 7 January 2011

And so Christmas truly is over now...

Today is my last official day of annual leave, so, apart from the weekend, Christmas is truly over.  I commiserated this fact by watching The Muppet Christmas Carol, as I missed it over the actual Christmas period (it was on but I was busy in the kitchen for most of it).

Cold finally seems to have left after 10 or so days, still feeling a little drained tho.  This means I haven't got done quite as many things as I'd hoped I would, but not to worry, there's still the weekend and tbh we have the rest of our lives to be "sorting out stuff" LOL!

Today also marks my first week of not drinking alcohol, although if I'm honest, one week isn't really a challenge. Do I feel any better for not having drank at all this week?  Not really...but that's probably more down to the fact I've had the stupid bad cold.

I tried to start a hashtag game on Twitter a few days ago.  Inspired whilst watching Shallow Grave with my eldest step-daughter (first time for her), we were discussing how films would be a lot shorter if certain things happened...a few people ran with it and I must say I was enjoying it...will list a few here that I really liked (including some of my own - so sue me!):


Alex, David & Juliet call the police on discovery of dead man in room, handing over the money too ~ Shallow Grave 


It's genuinely just a fucking wardrobe -Narnia 


Dante doesn't bother answering the phone. Clerks 


  

Mistaken for a whale by Japanese fishing boat - Jaws 


Nemo stays with the school. - Finding Nemo 


  

'Who is Keyser Soze?' It's that dude over there who looks like Kevin Spacey 


Half day closing at the bookshop - Notting Hill 


Inigo Montoya's father only suffered a flesh wound ~ The Princess Bride 


Brad and Janet don't get a flat....Rocky Horror 


Horton DIDN'T hear a Who ~ Horton hears a Whor


Bella staked edward-twilight 


There can be more than one - Highlander 1, 2 & 3 


Harry never met Sally - When Harry Met Sally 

And the one I'm personally most proud of...but is possibly quite wrong...

Schindler can't find a pen ~ Schindler's List 

Come join in and play :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment