Thursday 6 January 2011

I had most excellent Doctor Who dream last night...

I woke up this morning after having a very exciting Doctor Who related dream.  For once, it was more like an episode and no kissing of timelords took place.

Although I can see things clearly in my head (as I can recall dreams quite well, plus I also spent my initial waking moments going over the dream to help the remembering), I doubt in this blog I would get it all down in any way that you would see the same pictures I can...but I'll give you the brief low down (as I did to the meester this morning).

The dream (or episode!) began with my daughter (Claudia) and I heading off to a museum (think cross between a big old Georgian house and the Natural History Museum).  As we come through the main part of the museum, you can't help but notice the number of shields or statues holding shields (think crusades types here).  A banner reads something like (as it's very hard to read in dreams) "The shields shall bring them together and they shall rise".

We then head upstairs to a very surreal room.  Here the room is full of statues and artwork of the "follow you wherever you go" type.  Things feel very old and yet there is some form of hologram stuff going on.  I realise Claudia is no longer by my side and I look for her.  I see her lay on a slab in the room, talking to a hologram-esq statue that is lay next to her.

When I get there, I see it is the Tenth Doctor (or at least a statue of him sleeping).  I lie down next to him, pull out my phone, and take a photo of us.

Then things get weird.  All the statues with the shields begin moving and they aren't being nice about things.  They are trapping people.  This is happening all over (don't ask me how I know).  The Tenth Doctor has gone.  It would appear the photo taking woke everything...

My "dream perspective" then appeared to shift to the Tenth Doctors.  He managed to escape the room before the shields trapped him there, knowing he needed to go back in time to before he was frozen as the sleeping statue to fix things to stop the shield statues from taking over the place.  He sees himself falling through time (he has no T.A.R.D.I.S. as he's not the latest incarnation of The Doctor).  Whilst falling through these times, he sees himself in many times and faces.  At one point he is somehow falling/climbing down a slowed down Eleventh Doctor (who is with Amy)...as he gets to his ankle (Tenth Doctor is head down here), he sees a year (1978 as it goes) crudely written on it.  It is then he realises he has been very clever, and that he has already planted clues to the dates/time he is passing through...

Sadly I wake before the solution to the whole thing happened...but it was all very exciting!  My own private Doctor Who episode!  Here's hoping it was a two-parter...

No comments:

Post a Comment