Monday 3 January 2011

What day is it?

So far today, I have thought today was Sunday, Tuesday, possibly Wednesday and a might be Monday.  Haven't been in work since the Wednesday before Christmas...I don't return until the 10th January (which I KNOW is a Monday), so I've done what most people do this time of the year and completely forget what actual day of the week it is.

Brief visit into London to see my big Bro this afternoon.  Got a call from him yesterday.  He and his g/f have been Stateside for three weeks over Christmas and their little sporty number had a flat battery on their return so we were needed to jump start from the Jaaag.  This means I learnt TWO things today.  Firstly, the battery is in the boot of my brother's (g/f's) car...secondly, the battery is ALSO in the boot of my Jaaag!  Feck me, I'd have been searching for hours!!!  I really should show more interest in the car, I guess.

I currently find myself in front of Gigglebiz starring the talent that is Justin Fletcher (the little lady's choice of televisual viewing, I might add).  Those without children will have little or no idea as to who Justin Fletcher is...the parents of children under the age of 10 will know he is a god amongst kids tv people.  He's a very clever and inventive chappie with a lot of talent, and a key thing of me...he can make my daughter sit still and laugh her little bottom off!  He is also immensely less irritating than 95% of other childrens tv personalities within this viewing age bracket.  A couple of years ago there was a petition, signed by about 4000 people, to then PM, to make Justin an OBE for his work...he got himself an MBE instead.  Put it this way, if I were stupidly rich, I would pay this man an obscene amount of money to entertain my child on a weekly basis.

Am a little sad today as it's my last day with my Christmas decorations up.  I know 12th night isn't for two days, however as I have a lot of sorting out to do in the house, they will need to come down a day early...is it wrong of me to play Christmas songs to take them down (as I do when I put them up)?

Cold still here, still trying to get rid of it.  It was not aided by small child sleeping with us last night as she "felt sick" - well, try sitting still, darling, go on, it's called "resting to allow your body time to mend"...

No comments:

Post a Comment