Sunday 2 January 2011

Day 2

Today has been a PJ day for 75% of the household...sadly the older step-daughter had to work.

The cold that was leaving me seems to have taken a brief step backwards and made me very tired and drained.  This had made today a West Wing day, interrupted at lunchtime to watch the Tenth Doctor's final outing (oh yes, cried again!).

The meester took me to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader yesterday.  I do love Narnia so very much.  The books are fabulous, despite the obviously thinly veiled preaching towards Christianity in the latter books.  The film was wonderful, the casting was brilliant...who knew that the annoying little shite from School of Comedy would end up such an excellent choice as Eustace?

Last night also had a Morecambe and Wise night on the Beeb.  They showed the Christmas Special from 1976 (the one with Elton John and Angela Rippon) followed by the bio-pic by Victoria Wood called Eric and Ernie.

I'd been waiting to see this since I'd seen it was in production, not only as I love M&W but because I do think Wood is a great entertainer.  The programme did not disappoint in any way except that it was only 1.5 hours...I could've happily watched double that, the writing, acting and production was just that marvellous.  Well done to all involved and thank you.

A documentary on the making and about M&W followed...all in all a truly fantastic night of television...something that cannot be said all that often.  You might have programmes on you like or enjoy, and believe me, I like my television, but often I find I'm watching out of habit rather than because it's something I think is going to be special...last night, it truly was special.

Only the trailer immediately afterwards left me wanting time to fast forward...Hattie.  The story of Hattie Jacques, queen of Carry On, a woman I've loved since I was a child.  It's starring Ruth Jones from Gavin and Stacy fame...only the trailer threw in something I hadn't realised beforehand...and that's Aidan Turner starring as her lover. OH. MY. GOD.  I lust that man...I'd wanted to watch Hattie before I knew he was also starring, now I want it on immediately.

That brings me onto the excitement for today...the new series of Being Human trailer is on the Beeb tonight, but being released early on FB for fans of the show...can't wait for 9pm!

Oh dear, really has been a PJ day...this entire blog is about tv...hey ho, will leave you with the tip that if you get the chance, check out Eric and Ernie on BBC iPlayer.

Fear not, tomorrow I venture out of the house so might have something more exciting to blog about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment