Friday 13 August 2010

Countdown to Edinburgh...one day to go...

I'm packed.

And by packed, I mean I have half the contents of my house in a number of cases and bags...ok, not quite that much, but feels like a lot.

Doesn't help that I've also had to think ahead to the Saturday I leave Edinburgh as I have a wedding to attend in Cambridgeshire, so have had to pack something nice for that to...that's my excuse anyway.

Things I have with me:
  • Medium/large suitcase containing all manner of clothing from jeans & tees to dresses, skirts, corset, shoes, flipflops (so optimistic!), my daughter's panda-esq hat, waterproof jacket, fleece & more knickers than I thought I owned.  Also in here are hair dryer, straighteners, curling iron, charger & lead for camera, charger for mobile, various hair "bits", video camera and a book.
  • Medium sized bag containing my large sparkly bag (which itself contains various things including back up book), makeup bag, various other pieces of jewellery I found and stuffed in last minute and camera.
  • Laptop bag containing...erm...my laptop and Edinburgh pack with all schedules, maps and tickets in.
  • My regular bag containing all my regular things and a third book.
Of course, in all of this I completely forgot to pack my perfume...may have to purchase some tomorrow...can't be done without it and needed a new bottle anyway.  I have probably forgotten something else equally important...and will no doubt not even wear half the stuff I've packed.

Tonight I am staying at my brother's apartment in London that over looks the river...will save me a good hour in the morning and tbh any excuse to pretend to be loaded for the night!

Funny thing is, if I had been just going overnight, I could have packed toothbrush & paste, clean knicks and t-shirt and be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment