Thursday 12 August 2010

Countdown to Edinburgh...two days to go...so let's break the car...

Two days left until I shall be on my way to Edinburgh and I would LOVE to say I got stuff done last night from my TO DO list, but instead I decided to go to the gym and wreck the car instead *le sigh*.

Okay okay so I haven't TOTALLY wrecked the car, but did somehow manage to get it stuck on the kerb where I'd parked (yes I know I'm "special").  Had a good workout in the gym only to be faced with a horrid noise and not actually moving anywhere when I tried to get out of my space.  A quick look under the Jag and I find a strange block that appears to be stuck on the wrong side of the kerbstone. Fucksticks.

Quick call the hubbie and he suggested turning the steering all the way to one way and the other and try reversing...SUCCESS! I'm free!

I have a quick look under the car again before heading off...oh-oh...erm...well that didn't look like THAT before!!!  Huge chuck of metal now pointing downwards and only a few inches from the road. Hmmmmm....not good.

A very careful drive home, wait for the meester, who through being the mechanical man-god that he is, manages to bend said metal back into place using a jack and a stand and the weight of a 2T car!  We all jump into the car and head to swimming, before back home for lovely scram and then I was so tired I couldn't be bothered doing anything on my list...






...oh, and this morning there appears to be a bit of a leak under the car...double fucksticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment