Saturday 14 August 2010

EDINBURGH BABY!!!

WE'RE HERE!

I find myself currently bag watching at the Pleasance Courtyard, armed only with a bacardi and diet coke to keep me company whilst the girls head off to collect armfuls of tickets.  We can't check into the apartment until 1600 - first show is at 1700, so it's going to be a very quick turnaround!

The sun is shining down on Edinburgh today - oh but to dream this will last all week...ah well, make the most of it whilst we can...methinks a dress may be in order for later...or not...depends...

Different layout in the Pleasance Courtyard form the last time I came two years ago...not sure I like it but I believe there are building works or something still ongoing.  Mind you, I've parked myself in a very comfy chair under the canopy so am happy.

Been here barely 20 minutes and already the hoards of leaflets arrive and have been cleared...working their way through the crowds are various people putting down more flyers...it must cost them a FORTUNE!!

I forgot how orderly people queue for the bar here...I have a feeling I might've pushed in unintentionally earlier *oops*

So...first show today is The Rupert Pupkin Collective @ Gilded Balloon Teviot.  It will not be the last time I visit that particular venue this week.  Will do reviews of the shows as and when I can. 

Can't wait to get rid of luggage, then it'll really feel like EdFest has begun...

1 comment: