Friday 20 August 2010

Shows, garlands and vomit

Well I find myself about 36 hours away from leaving Edinburgh, and I am knackered and happy, with still a writing workshop and some shows left to go!  Those who have been following the reviews will see that I've been to one or two shows since leaving Pissed Priss at Waverley station.

Somehow the weather has stayed pretty much unbelievably good - with nothing more than the occasion shower!

Monday found me having quite a bit of a lie in due to the late night, however soon enough I was off down to the National Gallery for The Impressionist Gardens.  On the way I succeeded in finding these hair garlands everyone has been wearing - all three of us had wanted one too - so purchased three and continued to the gallery.  Post exhibition I returned to the flat and basically did not very much except have a soak in the bath and fall asleep.

Tuesday was another day filled with shows and much walking, getting accidentally merry in the afternoon after seeing The Sweeney.  I ended up boring the pants off a family for about an hour - well, I thought we were all having a nice chat, but upon coming out of the ladies loos I saw the dad, daughter & fiance with the dad being very unsubtle in his "shushing", eyes fixed on me and head indicating...hmmmm, not sure what I said that offended and it's not like I held them at the next table against their will. :rolleyes:  They girls rolled in rather late and shall we say somewhere around half past pissed o'clock?

Wednesday morning started with a bit of a surprise...and not a good surprise...

Early up & the usual morning bathroom visit, only to be faced with a sink almost over-flowing with vomit.  I'm sure I need not describe the sight and smell.  As you can imagine, it's not a sight that is a pleasing one.  

I went into Mum mode temporarily...I looked at the clock - 0856 - hmmmm, so very tempted to drag the two unconscious girls from their bed to discover who was responsible...but then I thought "hell, we've all been there, I'll give them more time before they (whichever responsible) can clear it all up".  By lunchtime they were alive...sadly no hangovers (how is THAT even fair??)...and the younger of the girls, for it was she who had mixed far too many of the wine and vodka varieties, set to work attempting to return the bathroom to normal.

Has to be said, she'd obviously done a good job of being rather ill as she still needs to hunt for some sink and drain unblocker...

No comments:

Post a Comment