Wednesday 11 August 2010

Countdown to Edinburgh...three days to go

One of the main reasons I decided to finally get a "proper" blog, rather than restricting myself to my usual ramblings on a motorbike forum, Facebook and Twitter, is because I am heading up to Edinburgh on Saturday, to partake in the wonderful festivals that are on at the moment.

This will be my fourth trip up to the EdFest...and the first time for longer than three days (I am there for a week).  I shall be filling my time with various comedy shows...but also a cabaret show, a magic show, a crime writing masterclass and a wander round The Impressionist exhibit at The National.  These are just the ones I've pre-booked, I will no doubt pick up another few shows when there (I do like to surprise myself), however I also plan to see a number of the "free" shows and various exhibitions that are going on.

I have prepared my schedule and pack - the old PA in me coming flooding back - I have a detailed itinerary overview, and then individual day ones, including maps showing where each venue is.  Obviously this has been thrown into disarray this afternoon by being asked to attend another show - a minor tweak and the pack will once again be up to date.

Another thing I also intend to do is both document and photograph my time there, to try to capture the feeling of it all on my camera and give reviews of shows I go to see, but also I want to see the city.

Of course, my intentions could go completely out of the window and this blog will remain blank or just filled with drunken ramblings added at 0100...money would be on the latter if I were you!

So, it's only a matter of days now...I haven't packed.  I don't even know whether to take a small suitcase (read limited clothing, accessories & crap) or just bite the bullet and accept that I will end up taking my larger case and only use half the things in it...

My list of "STUFF LEFT TO DO": 
  • Rush wash last minute items that I want to take but have found in the wash basket/on bedroom floor
  • Decided whether to take one pair of trainers or many pairs of shoes/boots/trainers
  • Dye hair (currently faded strawberry & cream due to swimming with undertone of regrowth - need it to return to OMFG why do you have hair THAT pink!?!)
  • Do nails/bath/shave
  • Find something waterproof
  • Get the meester to make sure the wireless thingie works with my laptop
  • Plan wedding outfit (I have a wedding in Cambridgeshire the day I leave Edinburgh!)
  • Pack everything
I think that's it...

3 comments:

  1. The city is WONDERFUL. Get down to Leith waterside for good food in some of the gastro-pubs there. The Waterline is a stand-out for me, but also try The Ship & Pilot. They're located not too far from The Royal Yacht Britannia.

    I'd recommend Mary King's Close too, which has it's entrance situated on The Royal Mile; a great insight to the life & times of the city prior to it's re-development, which sounds odd given it's current building structure.

    Grassmarket has a great selection of places to sit & while away the hours with good food too, while Whistle Binkie's is a superb live music venue under the streets of the city, just off The Royal Mile.

    Enjoy sweetheart!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add THE GRANARY. Excellent place to eat, sit, watch the world go by & drink. If you're in the mood. It's also down at Leith waterside.

    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Leith, go here for a drink at least- they do cocktails in kitchy teacups. A very cool place.
    http://roseleaf.co.uk/Default.htm

    ReplyDelete