Saturday 21 August 2010

Ta-ra Edinburgh...

Well that's it...it's over.  Edinburgh is over for another year, only a few months until I start planning next year's trip!

I have several reviews still to type up, and other bits and pieces including what could be a most wonderful rant.

However this morning I amused myself by walking down a very empty Royal Mile before seven o'clock...amused because the last time I walked on it (last night) the Tattoo had just let out and the Royal Mile couldn't be seen for Argyle sweaters and anoraks.

Got to the station stupidly early, grabbed breakfast and waited patiently for the train.  Just on it until Newcastle where my parents and Baby Girl are meeting me (can't wait, haven't seen her in three weeks!).  Then we drive to Peterborough services to meet up with the meester and older girls, transfer cars before heading to Wisbech for the wedding of two friends of ours.  We were going to be camping overnight there but to be honest after a week on a sofa and one night in a hostel (more on the hostel in a later blog!), well, I want to sleep in my own bed next to my husband tonight.

We've just pulled into Alnmouth (for Alnwick don't you know!) so only half an hour until Newcastle.

In a nutshell, my week in Edinburgh has been fabulous, with only a couple of meh points.  Quite frankly there were far too many highs for the mehs to really affect it other than whilst they happened.

Words to sum up?  Peg-legged pirates, two messiahs - one false and one true, Pissed Priss, pole dancing Lee extended cabaret, cold late night, lovely flatmates, vomit, semi-naked Lee, marvellous magicians, most excellent facial hair, henna, vanilla vodka, drinks with friends...that'll do for now...

So ta-ra Edinburgh...catch you in about 12 months x

No comments:

Post a Comment