Tuesday 17 August 2010

Show seven...Just a Minute recording

JAM is a show I've listened to on a number of occasions when I've either remembered or discovered it on the radio, and I've always found it quite amusing...and quite amusing is just how it is.  It isn't die hard laugh a minute and it isn't dull.  It had high moments, and to be honest, this recording had some shudder creepy moments.

Nicholas Parsons is the host, with Paul Merton and Gyles Brandreth firmly in place, guests were Shappy Khorsandi and John Bishop (making his first appearance).

Without a doubt, new comer John Bishop stole the show - which surprised me as if completely honest, I was a little disappointed when he came out, something I firmly take back and apologise for should he ever read this and take any offence - but as that is unlikely, I sharn't lose too much sleep over it.

Highlights for me were (quite childishly) John making the wanker hand jesture to Nicholas Parsons (2nd time unseen by NP which made it all the funnier) and Gyles suggesting hamsters were often found abandoned by motorways.

I was, however, utterly stunned that John was "given the benefit of the doubt" over challenging Paul's claim that owl's were birds of prey...erm...

Also, although I'm sure was meant to be hilarious, I found NP hitting on Shappi very uncomfortable...something very wrong with a man even play hitting on a gal when he is old enough to be her grandfather!

Otherwise it was a very pleasant show...but not one I'll be in a rush to see recorded again. Very pleased it was a freebie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm being very unfair, but I have to admit surprise to see the phrases "shudder creepy" and "Gyles Brandreth" and not seeing the two linked.

    Enjoying the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, but honestly, it wasn't him this time! lol!

    Thanks for the comp :)

    ReplyDelete